Sunday, November 2, 2008

Second Life Halloween Party

Now that I'm starting to get the hang of this online community it's not so bad as I thought it was. For Friday's class we held a Halloween Party on Second Life and I actually enjoyed communicating with other classmates and others online. I never really payed attention to how convenient it is to communicate online from the comfort of your own home. Friday started off just a little crazy for me, the cable guy was there hooking up wireless access and both my younger boys are home from school. If I had not told anyone that, all they were to know is that I was at a haunted manor for a online class.

Once the chaos settled down or I stopped multi-tasking I really began to get involved with Second Life. Yes, it is true you look like a clone if you don't change some things about your avatar and I was still unsure on how to do that. I did respond and say hello to other classmates and watched how other online avatars followed and made weired comments. It was a handy feature to know how to teleport to another place especially if someone insisted on pestering you. Once it becomes annoying then it feels like stalking and that can feel uncomfortable and you want to leave.

Someone stopped to say hello and asked if I needed help. I was so happy someone found me and knew a little bit more then I did because I just could not go anywhere. The person that helped me was named David and he spends most of this time helping out "newbies" such as myself, not feel like a clone. David actually taught me how to teleport and I even have different clothes that fit my taste for such short timing. I guess my appearance ranks high on the list before comfort begins to set in.

P.S. Sorry for any inconvenience but I have other blogs you just have to click on my personal profile that's what I meant by it was just a click away. LOL

No comments: